Now a day’s world is turning to Ayurved for comprehensive treatment of diseases. Surgical knowledge and treatments of disease described in shalyatantra can be researched and used in diseases with minimum complications and side effects. Maintained its importance even today, wound healing has imfact gained more importance.
The parallel running hospital along with the Ayurvedic medical college provides the basic surgical and all the life saving facility to the local area and the surrounding rural areas as well.
Modern plastic surgery is one of the specialties that has its origin in shalyatantra and it is documented in modern journals as well. The department has a distinction in regularly operations patients requiring reconstruction surgeries.
The students are taught the strict discipline and management of operation theatre and trained through demonstration and carefully handling of human parts during operation.
Ksharasutra (caustic cauterizes), agnikarma (thermo cautery), rakta mokshan (blood letting) are the outstanding parasurgical techniques practiced. The knowledge of ancient principles of longevity of Ayurveda in regard to surgical and para-surgical concept of diseases, their treatment and betterment of patients is also taught during the course.
In this department student learns about :
- The surgical aspect of the body both anatomically and pathphysiologically are taught. Significant surgeries like Hernioraphy, herniotomy, hernioplasty, appendectomy, cystolythotomy, hydrocele, torsion of testis, vericocele, DHS (Dynamic Hip Screw), closed reduction, open reduction, vasectomy, skin transplantations, graft uro surgeries and reconstruction surgeries and etc are taught both theoretically and practically.
- Kshara Karma – Introduction, types, method of various preparations like Kshara, Kshara Varti, Kshara Pichu etc. and applications. Moreover method of preparation, Standardization and applications of Kshar is taught.
- Agni Karma – Introduction, types and applications.
- Raktamokshana – Introduction, types and applications.
- Yantra and Shastra – Ancient and recent.
- Concept of Trividha Karma – Purva, Pradhan and Paschat.
- Ashtavidha Shastra Karmas
- Basic knowledge of Sanghyaaharn – Anaesthesia, types, methods etc
- To create a Shlya chikitsaka with heart of Ayurveda and hands of Surgeon
- Have the basic knowledge and surgical principles described in Shalya tantra by various Acharyas.
- They will be able to diagnose and operate common surgical diseases according to Ayurveda and Modern medicine.
- They will be able to perform any type of difficult surgery with full confidence and help the society.
- They will be trained and acquire basic skills to perform various karmas like
- Rakta Mokshan
Postgraduate students after completion of course will acquire
- Full knowledge of Shalyatantra, and modern surgery branch.
- They will be able to diagnose surgical conditions and treat them according by selecting the most beneficial treatment protocol.
- They will be able to work as specialist in the field of Shalyatantra and Modern surgery.
Fellowship course (Ksharsutra) student will be able to
- Achieve comprehensive knowledge of anorectal anatomy, Pathophysiology.
- Able to diagnose various anorectal conditions and treat them using ksharkarma and Ksharsutra procedures.
- Will acquire the skills to prepare different types of Kshar and Ksharsutra.
Departmental Features :
We have well equipped departmental library which contains :
- Numerous Ayurvedic and allopathic surgical textbooks, reference books
- Audio visual cds for surgical procedures
- Manniqquins dummies for basic trauma life support course and cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Museum which contains specimens of diseased organs from operation carried out in our hospital.
- Models for suturing techniques, ksharsutra application, and ksharkarma for practical training.
- Yogya, sangyaharan models and charts
Departmental activities :
- On Saturday afternoon clinical case presentation is conducted by PG student.
- Every Friday afternoon seminars on subject are organized.
- In order to educate the UG and the PG students and to benefit the society Hernia surgery camp, piles surgery camp, hydrocele surgery, osteoarthritis, urinary stone camps are organized annually.
- Allopathic surgeons in laparoscopy, endoscopy and coloscopy are invited for special lectures and demonstrations.
- Renowned Ayurvedic surgeons are invited as guest lecture on varies Shalyatantra subjects.
|Sr.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Vd. Yadav Sanjeev Rangrao||Professor & Dean||M.D. (Shalya)|
|Vd. Chavan Dnyaneshwar Dattarao||Professor,HOD||M.S. (Shalya)|
|Vd. Dharne Vidya Dattatreya||Reader||M. S. (Shalya)|
|Vd. Badole Shubhangi Prashant||Reader||M. D. (Shalya)|
|Vd. Tangade Varsha Ramrao||Lecturer||M. S. (Shalya)|
|Vd.Salunkhe Sharadkumar Yashwantrao||Lecturer||M. S. (Shalya)|
|Vd. Sadgune Shilpak||Lecturer||M. S. (Shalya)|