Our qualified teachers train the students to gain best judgment & clinical insight and skilled hands to perform good surgeries. To achieve this, we equip our students with sound knowledge of various aspects of Shalakyatantra.
Clinical training is regular and the department has records of successfully treating RP, Glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, Hypertensive retinopathy, sinusitis, myopia, headache, optic atrophy, nasal polyps, aural polyps, Hearing loss, etc.
- To teach the students the Ayurvedic as well as modern perspectives regarding urdhva jatrugata vikaaras.
- To educate the students to turn into an open minded researcher, an efficient teacher, an able clinician and a life and sight giving surgeon.
- To train the students in various surgical diseases and their management and assist them to become committed Ayurvedic Surgeon.
- To instruct and master Ayurvedic kriyakalpas viz. tarpan, putapaka, anjana, pariseka, etc.
- To carry out research oriented study and practical training of kriyakalpas.
- To become highly efficient in the pre & postoperative treatments & measures.
- To learn the basic skills of surgery and gain the “Asammoha Shastravaidya Lakshanam”.
- To acquire the most difficult but the most important skill of judgment and decision-making in clinical practice.
- We have well developed three independent OPDs for- Netra (Eye), Karna-Nasa-Mukha (E.N.T), and Danta (Orodental).
- A self-sufficient well equipped O.T. for Shalakyatantra.
- Special Ayurvedic treatment is available for many chronic and common diseases e.g. for dry eye/computer vision syndrome- Netratarpana, Aschyotana, for Karnasrava- Karnadhupan, etc.
- Many eye camps like squint, cataract surgery are conducted successfully that helps the students to gain more knowledge.
- Free Phacoemulsification cataract surgery camp
- Small incision cataract surgery camp was organized on 19-20th of January 2013. – Total 20 & 14 patients were operated for free of cost, respectively.
- Phacoemulsification paid camp with minimal charges all these camps were conducted by the prior permission of D.B.C.S Mumbai district chief.
|Sr.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Vd. Radaye Nutan Ravindra||Professor & HOD||MS (Shalakyatantra)|
|Vd. Sunita Magar||Professor||MS (Shalakyatantra)|
|Vd. Nene Dipati||Reader||MS (Shalakyatantra)|
|Vd. Thorat Prashant||Reader||MS (Shalakyatantra)|
|Vd. Raokhande Renu Prabhakar||Lecturer||MS (Shalakyatantra)|
|Vd. Ghadage Abhijit||Lecturer||MS (Shalakyatantra)|
- Departmental CME on every Saturday.
- Presentation on various topic
- U.G. lectures
- U.G. Clinics
- Case Presentation
- Paper Presentation
- Abstract formation
- Educational visits.
- Improvement in kriyakalpa therapies.
- Preparation of various types of ayurvedic remedies for the diseases like pterygium, klishta vartma, pingicula, episcleritis, giaucoma, netrabhishandya computer vision syndrome (CVS).
- Arrange various seminars.
- Arrange various types of lectures of experts in this field.
Total camps in 2013