In the Samhita section the students learn about :
- Ashtang Hridayam :Excellent classical text by achary vagbhata which gives the basic information of Ayurvedic principle.
- Charak Samhita Purvardha :Classical text by acharya charaka. Introductory & basic principles of ayurved are given in this part of ayurveda are samhita.
- Charak Samhita Uttarardha : Most application part of charak samhita. Knowledge of various diseases, their complications how to avoid complications & their management is very precisely given by acharya charaka.
All the popular samhita like “charak samhita” “sushrut samhita” & “ashtang hridiyam” all 3 samhitas collectively known as great triads are also thought in this department.
- Our aim is to scientificly explore the ancient classical texts.
- To prove the applicability of ancient texts & basic principles in this modern era.
- To unfold the secrets of life and make society healthy & happy.
- To guide the students to understand the vital and fundamental concepts of Ayurveda.
- To make the students aware about this great ancient Indian medical science.
- To impart love, affection and good health to all mankind.
- To carry out essential research in Ayurveda to validate the ancient concepts.
Departmental Features :
- Well qualified and experienced teaching staff.
- Well preserved and maintained departmental UG and PG departments.
- Availability of good books in the library.
- Use of modern teaching aids like Charts electric models etc.
Department of Sanskrit Samhita and Siddhanta conducted a CME (ROTP) for teachers of Samhita with the help of Dept. of AYUSH on 4 March 2013 to 9 March 2013. Total 24 delegates from all over India participated in this event.
National Level Shlok competition was held in our institute. Students from all parts of Indian Ayurvedic institute participated.
- UG Library
- PG Library
All the classical text with all commentries are available in our departmental library.We have well trained P.G. teachers we started ayurved samhita P.G. course form 2013 till date.
|Sr.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Vd. Kolarkar Rajesh Shivajirao||Professor& HOD||M.D.(Samhita) M.A (Pali)|
|Vd. Vaidya Jayashree Rajendra||Reader||MD (Samhita): M.A. (Sanskrit)|
|Vd. Karve Mandar Jayant||Reader||M. D. (Samhita)|
|Dr. Shukla Ashok kumar Govind prasad||Lecturer||M. A.(Sanskrit)|
|VD. Patil Reema Manohar||Lecturer||MD (Samhita)|
|6.||Vd.Ketaki Shirodakar||Lecturer||MD (Samhita)|
|7||Vd. Khude Trupti||Lecturer||MD (Samhita)|
POST GRADUATE STUDENTS
|SR.NO||NAME OF THE STUDENTS||BATCH (YEAR OF ADMISSION)||NAME OF GUIDE|
|1||TONDE SUKHDEV KUNDLIKRAO||2013-2014||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|2||DESHPANDE SHWETA||2013-2014||DR.MILIND PATIL|
|3||LOHSE SONALI PRAKASH||2014-2015||JAISHREE VAIDYA|
|4||RATNAPARKHI MAYURI ASHOK||2014-2015||JAYASHREE VAIDYA|
|5||SHIRODKAR KETKI SHIRISH||2014-2015||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|6||BERDE SHWETAMBARI MAHESH||2015-2016||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|7||KOLI PRAJAKTA RAJESH||2015-2016||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|8||TALEKAR MAHESH KASHIRAM||2015-2016||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|9||ARYA MAYURI SURESHRAO||2015-2016||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|10||MISHRA SMRITI SHASHIRAJAN||2016-2017||DR.MILIND PATIL|
|11||PAWAR MINAL SAGAR||2016-2017||JAISHREE VAIDYA|
|12||CHALWADI SHILA MARUTI||2016-2017||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|
|13||SHIRKE KASHMIRA RAVINDRANATH||2016-2017||DR.RAJESH KOLARKAR|