Rachana Sharir is a 1st year BAMS subject, here the students along with theory study Human body parts through dissection methods and become an open-minded researcher and an intelligent clinician. This department is equivalent to that of anatomy of modern medical science and it deals with anatomical aspects of the human body including histology, osteology, organology, etc. The Rachana Sharir subject comprises study of Normal body structures documented by Ayurveda and the Acharyas as well as the study of Modern Anatomy.
Rachana Sharir is an extremely dynamic and interesting subject to an inquisitive Practitioner and Researcher of Ayurveda. All the medical sciences require more or less basic knowledge of Rachana Sharir. Hence the study is indeed the most important of basic sciences of the life.
- To train the UG and PG students the basic structure of human body with the help of dissection.
- To teach the knowledge of all the vital structures of Human body theoretically and practically.
- To acquire many cadavers for imparting proper education to the students.
- To raise the awareness of movement like Body Donation activity.
- FOR RESEARCH IN AYURVEDIC SHAARIR
- TO ENHANCE KNOWLEDGE OF SHAARIR WITH MODERN ANATOMY
- TO FIND CLINICAL ASPECTS OF AYURVEDIC SHAARIR CONCEPTS
- TO EVALUATE IMPORTANCE OF SHAARIR IN MODERN ERA
Departmental Features :
- The most exclusive feature of our department is well-equipped Dissection Hall with 15-16 number of Cadavers provided for Dissection to UG students and PG scholars.
- Every UG Anatomy practicle has around 40 students, thus 5 students dissect one body throughout the year. This helps the students to learn each and every details of the body.
- Each PG student gets to dissect 1 body throughout the year, thus he learns more about the antomy of the body and gains deeper knowledge about the subject.
- Our teachers inspire as well as demonstrate our students to develop charts, models and specimen mounting. Thus helps our PG students to become good acedemics.
- Special lectures and disections are organized for KARD (Ksharsutra in Ano-rectal Diseases) students.
- Our department is equipped with OHP, Laptops and Desktops.
- Our department utilizes modern techniques like Powerpoints and videos for teaching our students.
- Rarest specimens like, ear ossiceles, complete brain with spinal cord, “Circle of Willis”, bronchial tree (Plastinated) are developed and preserved for our students.DEPARTMENTAL FACILITIES
- LARGE SPACE WITH GOOD DISSECTION HALL, MUSEUM
- AYURVEDIC AND MODERN BOOKS, MODELS, CHARTS
- FACILITIES OF E BOOKS, CDS, INTERNET & COMPUTERS
- USE OF PPT, TRANSPERANCIES FOR TEACHING
- SELF DISSECTED SOME RARE SPECIMENS OF NERVOUS SYSTEM
- SELF PREPARED MODELS FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING
- SPECIMENS OF GLANDS, GENITAL SYSTEMS ( MALE FEMALE), CVS, URINARY SYSTEM, RS, DIGESTIVE SYSTEM, SENSORY ORGANS
Other Features :
- Well qualified and experienced staff with PG teacher recognition to all the faculties.
- Fully equipped well developed and well-maintained exclusive Museum of Anatomy comprising specimens (300), models (150) and charts (200).
- Training for UG and PG students to prepare Low cost Models
Courses conducted by the department as follows :
Post graduation in this department started in 2010.
- No. of Postgraduate scholars (M.D. – Rachana Sharir) – 12 year 2010-2013
Seminars / Workshop / CME / ROTP :
26-28 march 2012 organised by our department.
Research Papers & Publications :
- Study of Anatomical Changes in Coronary arteries WSRT Sushrutokta Hrutshula.
- To Elaborate Structure of Artavvah Srotas with Reference to Sharir Rachana by Vd. R K Patil in CRYSTAL – peer reviewed journal of complementary medicine.
|Sr.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Vd.Patil Rajendra Kashiram||Professor||MD, (Ayurved- Sharir Rachana)|
|Vd. Metkar Kranti Govindrao||Reader & HOD||M.D. (Ayurved) Sharir Rachana|
|Vd.Jagtap Manoj Mitharam||Reader||M.D. (Ayurved- Rachana Sharir)|
|Vd. Premanand Bhalerao||Lecturer||M.D. & PhD.(Ayurved- Rachana Sharir)|
|Vd. Akshata Chavan||Lecturer||M.D. (Ayurved- Rachana Sharir)|
Dissecting Tables Set: 18 Set
- Tanks with a capacity to preserve 10 bodies.
- Preservative Chemicals.
Dissecting Table :
- Full size with stainless steel top or marble top 16
- Half size with stainless steel top or marble top 02Achievements
- 2nd best paper by Prashant Jagtap at d y patil 18th jan 2014
- Paper presentations and poster presentations by pg students at various seminarsOPD
- Cosmetic OPD successfully run by vd. Kranti Metkar and department since last 10yrs. All problems regarding Skin and hair are dignosed & treated by Ayurveda. Internal medicines, face packs, hair oil etc are dispensed in opd. Opd is run on Tuesday and Friday.