Department | Teaching Department | Strirog Prasutitantra
This department is a very special department of the college; here we implement the Mother and Child health care programme. Prasooti – Tantra & Stri – Roga is a clinical Department that teach obstetrics and Gynecology in IIIrd Professional of B.A.M.S course.
Ayurvedic concept of Prasooti – Tantra & Stri – Roga is studied at this level that involves primarily the sharirsthana, uttartantra and chikitsa – sthana of basic Ayurvedic texts of Sushruta Samhita, Charak Samhita and Ashtang Hridya.
This Department deals with various diseases and topics in the field of Gynecology both Ayurvedic and Modern aspects. In this department we work towards the management of Pregnancy, labour & post-labour recovery period and Diagnosis & treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system. At the same time we concentrate on antenatal and post natal treatments.
For a 21st century women now a day’s gynecological health, sound maternity & puerperal care are very important. Ayurvedic Gynecologists takes essential care of all these issues with the aid of proper consultations, therapies and medicines. We have worked hard and successfully treated infertility problems in the department. Our department provides comprehensive care of women.
Departmental Specialties :
- We organize “Garbhasanskar” Camps for pregnant ladies in our campus as well as rural areas for well being of their baby.
- We run special Infertility Clinic and perform all procedures according to Ayurvedic methods including Uttarbasti Chikitsa, Dhoopan, poorva Karma and Panchakarma.
- All the menstrual disorders like scanty menses, DUB (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding), Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea are successfully treated with herbal Ayurvedc Medicines. This treatment gives better results than hormonal treatment.
- To obtain a healthy child we concentrate on AnteNatalCare (care for pregnant woman and her fetus in the womb) by using ayurevedic methods including Garbhasanskaras, Masanumasic Treatment (special treatment for each month of pregnancy) and Yoga in pregnancy.
- We provide Suprajanana Chikitsa which includes Beejshuddhi (Detoxification of ovum and sperms for the couple).
- We offer Sthanshudhhi (Detoxification of Uterus and Cleansing of fallopian tubes by Uttarbasti for female in the couple).
- Panchakarma Treatment like Massage, Steam bath, Vaman (Induced vomiting), Virechana (induced loose motions), Basti (medicated oil, decoction enema), Nasya (Nasal drops) is prescribed as well.
- In some conditions we utilize treatments like Raktamokshana (Blood letting), Shirodhara, Shirobasti, Hridbasti, Janubasti, Katibasti, Manyabasti, etc.
- We have implemented the “Sutika Paricharya” – Post Delivary care, “Jatamatra Parichraya” – care of the new born and yoga as well.
- All “Family Panning” services like Cu–T, O.C Pills etc are provided under government schemes with the colabiration of FPAI.
Activities by Stree-Prasuti department :
- Organizing women health camps at nearby villages.
- Regular Health check-up in in our hospital campus every year.
- Medical consultation for patients including premarital counseling, contraception & family planning and infertility counseling.
- Ayurvedic treatment to all patients (Male & female) with specialization for treatment of female patients for problems in Infertility, DUB, PCOD etc.
- Panchkarma treatment like Snehan / Swedan, Waman / Virechan, Basti, Nasya, Rakta Mokshan.
- Major and minor surgeries in Gynecology and Obstetrics and Laproscopic surgeries.
- We have performed almost 550 Tube Ligation operatives since Sepetmeber 2011 till date.
Departmental Features :
- Our department is well maintained with a Library consisting of more than 100 books with varying type of journals and CDs.
- We have more than 50 Digital Charts and more than 40 Models and Departmental Museum having various types of specimens.
- We frequently arrange “Guest Lectures” and Departmental Seminars for our students
- We encourage our students to participate and attend various National & International SEMINAR
- This department has well equipped ward, operation theater and labour room with all supportive diagnostic tools like ultrasound, x ray machine, Non-stress test (NST) unit etc. Faculty is efficiently handling all types of emergencies in the hospital and also performs necessary surgeries
- We make the students aware about this great ancient Indian medical science.
- Our Objective is to train our students in Prasooti – Tantra & Stri – Roga
- We teach our students Ayurvedic as well as modern concept of Prasooti – Tantra & Stri – Roga
- We guide the students to understand the vital and fundamental concepts of Ayurveda.
- We help them to impart love, affection and good health to all mankind.
- We help our students to carry out essential research in Ayurveda to validate the ancient concepts.
Special Features :
- Our staff participates in Live TV shows regarding women and Child health.
|Sr.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Vd. Mehere Seema Chandrakant||Professor & HOD||M.D(Strirog Prasuti)|
|Vd. Patil Mangesh Laxman||Reader||M.D.(Strirog Prasuti)|
|Vd. Dandekar Pranali Namdeo||Reader||M.S.(Strirog Prasuti)|
|Vd. Devadiga Mayura Manjayya||Lecturer||M.S.(Strirog Prasuti)|
|Vd. Bhatt Jenny Mukesh||Lecturer||M.S.(Strirog Prasuti)|
|Vd. Pol Nishiganda||Lecturer||M.S.(Strirog Prasuti)|